T-shirts and other garments that feature custom graphic designs aren’t new; they’ve been around for ages – and they’re just as popular as they’ve ever been! It used to be that the screen printing was the primary method of printing graphic images onto substrates; but that’s changed. In recent years, more and more businesses that create apparel with graphic images are ditching screen printing and switching to heat press machines.
Whether you’ve been in the business of creating custom printed shirts for a while or you’re thinking about starting up this type of enterprise, here’s a look at five reasons why more and more organizations in this industry are using heat press machines to craft their creations.
Top Benefits of Heat Press Machines
A heat press is a machine that is used to transfer images onto substrates; T-shirts, caps, tote bags, sweatshirts, and various other materials. Using either heat transfer paper or vinyl that has been cut out by a vinyl cutting machine, heat presses permanently affix graphic images onto substrates – mainly textiles – with heat and pressure. By heating up specialized heat transfer paper or vinyl and applying the right amount of pressures, these machines can imprint bold, durable, attractive, long-lasting designs on various types of mediums.
But why are more businesses opting to use heat press machines instead of other tools that can be used to imprint graphic images on materials? Here’s a look at five reasons why heat presses have become so widely popular.
- Ease of Use. Heat press machines are extremely easy to use; especially when compared to other tactics of applying images onto substrates, such as screen printing. Essentially, these machines do all of the work for you. All you need to do is set it up, copy or create an image onto heat transfer paper or vinyl (using a vinyl cutter, of course) and the heat press will automatically affix the pattern, picture, logo, name, number – or any other image – onto the medium. Of course, you do have to know how to properly use the machine, but learning how to do so takes very little time and special skills aren’t required. Even if you’re a complete novice, you can learn how to master a heat press in no time.
- They’re fast. Not only are heat press machines easy to use, but they’re also incredibly fast. Within a matter of seconds, a heat press can transfer a graphic image onto a single T-shirt. If you have a professional-level machine, you can produce large quantities of shirts in mere minutes; faster than you would be able to create one screen printed shirt!
- Cost-effectiveness. Another major reasons businesses are opting to use heat press machines over other methods of producing graphic prints on substrates is because they are much more cost-effective. For example, with screen printing, you need to constantly purchase new inks and dyes, as well as new screens and other materials. Over time, these expenses can really add up. While you do need to continuously purchase heat transfer materials for a heat press, the cost is much less prohibitive.
- Heat press machines can be used to print on all types of mediums, including textiles, mugs, caps, tote bags; you can even use them to print images on mugs, plates, and jigsaw puzzles! This versatility opens up a whole world of possibility and can significantly expand the range of products a business offers.
- Outstanding results. Lastly, heat press machines offer bold, durable, and long-lasting results. With the right software, you can produce incredible graphics on a myriad of materials. Producing a higher quality product translates to more satisfied customers, which can do wonders for the success of a business.
Given these five benefits, it’s easy to see why more and more businesses are relying on heat presses for their printing needs than ever before. If you want your business to be as successful as possible, you should seriously consider investing in one of these incredible machines.