With a wide range of vinyl die cutting machines available on the market, choosing the right one can seem like a daunting task. When it comes to cutting heavier materials, such as Vinyl, there are a few that stand out among the rest. Take a look at the following list to help you choose the best vinyl cutting machine to suit your needs.
Best Die Cutting Machine for Vinyl
Here are our vinyl die cutting machine reviews
1. Cricut Maker
The Cricut Maker is considered to be the best of the best when it comes to vinyl cutting. Suitable for a wide range of materials, this cutting machine allows the user to create anything from iron-on patchwork and vinyl decals to leather craft and balsa wood models.
- Powerful blades and scoring tools allow for endless project possibilities.
- Free access to hundreds of digital sewing projects
- Rotary blade specifically designed for cutting through vinyl and virtually any fabric.
The Cricut Explore Air 2 is capable of cutting over 100 types of fabric including premium vinyl and iron-on htv vinyl. Simply upload or create and design your own images from your home computer, tablet or mobile phone using Cricut’s included software—Design Space.
- Become part of the Cricut Online Community—share designs and patterns with other members.
- Access to Cricut’s vast library consisting of over 100,000 images, fonts, projects and designs.
- Brand new Fast Mode—allows you to cut vinyl two times faster.
Complete with a built-in scanner, the Brother ScanNCut2 is built for one-of-a-kind creations with the simple push of a button. This machine is able to cut a wide variety of vinyl and other fabrics, wood and leather, allowing you to turn your scanned images into works of art.
- Winner of the Women’s Choice Award for the best electronic cutting machines of 2020.
- Comes complete with a 4.8-inch, touch screen display.
- Includes 183 built-in designs
The silhouette Cameo 4 vinyl cutting machine is built with a smart system that detects what tool is being used, causing its built-in software to adjust cut settings automatically. This detection software makes this machine a great choice for beginners. Similar to the Cricut Online Community, with the purchase of the Cameo 4, you’ll gain instant access to an amazing community of users to share ideas and exchange designs.
- Comes with automatic, adjustable blades
- Built-in Bluetooth
- Functions with both Windows and Mac operating systems
The only manual die cutting machine on this list, the Cricut Cuttlebug is perfect for small, less complex crafts involving vinyl. Far less costly than the above digital vinyl cutting machines, the Cuttlebug is perfect for any beginner looking to get started in vinyl craftwork.
- Includes an A2 embossing folder and two metal cutting dies
- Simple low-tech design, easy to use for beginners
- Compatible with a range of leading embossing folders and metal cutting dies
Vinyl Die Cutting Machine Buyer’s Guide
If you’re serious about vinyl crafting, then a digital die cutting machine will be your biggest ally. Built for speed and accuracy, these machines are perfect for hobby crafters looking to branch out and take on more professional-quality projects. However, small-time crafters needn’t feel left out: a manual die cutting machine is great choice for any novice or vinyl-craft enthusiast.
Our buyer’s guide is here to help you iron out the kinks and select the best vinyl cutting machine that will have you looking professional in no time at all.
Manual vs. electronic die cutting machines
When it comes to vinyl cutting, there are two distinct markets: expensive and sophisticated electronic cutting machines and hand-crank, manual machines.
Manual die cutting machines
A manual die cutting machine will appeal to crafters who fall into the following categories: beginners and children, crafters on a tight budget, those who prefer smaller projects, those working with limited space and crafters who don’t want to deal with digital software.
Electronic cutting machines
On the other hand, electronic cutting machines are perfect for more experienced crafters, versatile crafters, small crafting businesses, larger projects, crafters with a bigger space and budget and those who prefer working with design software.
Size of cuts
It is important to keep in mind that just because a machine is capable of cutting bigger designs, does not necessarily mean it can cut better quality overall. Before making your purchase, keep future projects in mind and only purchase a larger machine if you plan on pursuing large projects.
- Best Die Cutting Machines
- Best Vinyl Cutters
- Best Heat Press Machines
- Best Vinyl Cutters for Beginners
- Best Cheap Vinyl Cutters
- Best Desktop Vinyl Cutters
- Best Vinyl Cutter for Macs
- Best Vinyl Cutter for Shirts
- Best Vinyl Cutter for Small Business
- Best Vinyl Cutter Software
- Best Vinyl Cutter Under $300
- Best Vinyl Cutter Under $500