One of the most popular and versatile machines on the market, the Silhouette Cameo is a must-have item for many crafters and vinyl enthusiast around the world.
As these machines are made for vinyl crafting, we’re going to take a close look at some of the best vinyl out there to suit any project for your Silhouette Cameo machine.
Best Heat Transfer Vinyl for the Silhouette Cameo
Here are our reviews of the best heat transfer vinyl for the Silhouette Cameo
This vinyl bundle is perfect for customizing t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats and any kind of clothing apparel. Once in place, this vinyl can withstand multiple washing with very little fading.
- Thin and lightweight makes it super easy for the Silhouette Cameo to cut and work with.
- Contains 20 vinyl sheets in 20 of the most popular colors
- Easy heat transfer can be accomplished with any household iron
The ultimate money saving package—contains 40 sheets of premium vinyl in 32 different glossy and matte colors. This vinyl is perfect for a wide variety of crafts using your Silhouette Cameo machine.
- Risk free purchase—money-back guarantee if not completely satisfied
- Superior adhesive backing and lining
- Flat and ready to use right out of the packaging
This thin but strong vinyl works like a charm with the Silhouette Cameo. Perfect for a wide range of crafts, this package come with 40 sheets of vinyl in glossy, matte and metallic colors.
- High quality adhesive layer
- Unlike vinyl rolls, this vinyl comes flat and ready to work with
- Money back guarantee if not completely satisfied
This heat transfer vinyl was made with the Silhouette Cameo in mind. Designed for easy weeding, this vinyl is perfect for any crafts your imagination can come up with.
- Large size—12” width is bigger that most flat vinyl sheets on the market
- Wide variety of vibrant colors and types from elastic foil to holographic, plus standard colors.
- Strong adhesive holds in all climates
This package, from EasyWeed, comes with 12 sheets of heat transfer vinyl in 12 of their most popular colors. Perfect for the Silhouette Cameo, this easy-to-cut material will keep your cutting blades functioning like new.
- Thin and easy-to-cut makes for simple design tracing
- Pressure sensitive carrier allows the user to create and press even the smallest details
- Ready to use out of the package
Heat Transfer Vinyl for the Silhouette Cameo Buyer’s Guide
Most heat transfer vinyl packages on the market are compatible with the Silhouette Cameo; when it all comes down to it, depending on the projects you’re working on, soon you’ll come across a brand that is perfect for you and your needs. Our guide is here to help those beginners who don’t quite have the knowledge and experience when it comes to selecting the best quality vinyl for their machine. Below, are a few things to keep an eye out for when selecting the best vinyl for you Silhouette Cameo craft machine.
What is heat transfer Vinyl?
Heat transfer vinyl bonds to fabric due to pressure and a heat source, like an iron or heating press. Use the silhouette cameo to cut the vinyl into intricate designs and shapes; the vinyl can then be pressed onto clothing, hats, jackets, pillows, quilts and any other fabric-based item.
When making your selection, aim for a brand that prides itself on its adhesive strength. Choosing a brand with a weak adhesive will only leave you frustrated as your designs begin to quickly peel and fall of after just a few wash cycles.
Lightweight vs. heavy design
Although the Silhouette Cameo is perfectly capable of working with both light and heavy vinyl, the Silhouette Cameo can cut thin vinyl much faster and it is easier on the cutting blades.
Whether you’re interested in making crafts for friends or looking to start a small business, you’re going to want a product that is built to last. Don’t be fooled, many knock-off brands look amazing at first, but fade quickly or start peeling after only a few wash cycles. Thankfully, well priced, professional-grade vinyl is easy to find; trust us, it’s worth it to spend the few extra dollars.
When looking to make your purchase, think about what projects you plan to make. If you love colors, and lots of them, choose a multi-pack with a large variety. If you’re taking more of a classical approach to your vinyl work, stick with a package that contains the basics.