Do you like customizing clothing and creating cool t-shirts and other accessories for your friends and family? If so, custom vinyl t-shirt printing may just be what you’re looking for. Simply purchase some heat transfer vinyl, apply your design, cut and heat press it onto the plain t-shirt of your choice and you’re ready to go.
Best Heat Transfer Vinyl for T-Shirts
Here are our reviews of the best heat transfer vinyl for t-shirts
This multi pack, from Gio-Flex, is perfect for all sorts of fabrics, including mesh fabric athletic shirts. Sold as a pack of 33 sheets, you’ll be designing t-shirts for the whole neighborhood.
- Matt layering allows for high speed cutting
- Great for delicate logo cutting
- PET film and PVC has excellent adhesiveness
You can’t go wrong with this deal. This package from PrimeCuts includes 65, 12”X 12” sheets of premium vinyl in 32 different color styles. PrimeCuts takes pride in the adhesiveness of their products meaning this vinyl isn’t going to peel anytime soon.
- Product comes flat and ready to use right out of the package
- Full refund if not satisfied
- Designed for t-shirt graphics
This thin, elastic vinyl works great with any Cricut or silhouette Cameo cutting machines. Designed with t-shirt making in mind, this vinyl comes in a variety of colors and cool patterns.
- Works great will all cotton, polyester and cotton-poly blends
- Specially designed to handle tiny, precision cuts
- Customer can select what colors they want to come in their package
This package, from Fame Crafts, includes 20 heat transfer vinyl sheets in 20 of their most popular colors. Use this vinyl to personalize your own t-shirts and other fashion accessories.
- Super adhesive—can withstand relentless washing
- Sensitive to heat, allowing you to quickly forge every detail
- Thin-cut vinyl means you can cut and press this vinyl quicker than most
Your designs will be the talk of the town with these vinyl sheets from Transwonder. Create t-shirts that stand out from the crowd with this unique, glitter vinyl.
- 20 sheets of glitter vinyl in 20 of the most popular colors
- Strong, durable and thin makes for easy weeding in tight spaces.
- Built to last with little fading or cracking after many washes
Heat Transfer Vinyl for T-Shirts Buyer’s Guide
Although most heat transfer vinyl is manufactured with t-shirt design in mind, as with any product, there are still a few things to keep an eye out for when making your purchase. Some products are just better quality than others, using better adhesives and dyes that don’t fade. Our buyer’s guide is here to help you choose the best heat transfer vinyl for all of your t-shirt designing needs.
Are you looking to make one t-shirt, or a lot of t-shirts? If you’re looking to make multiple shirts, consider buying a value pack—many of these packs come with anywhere from 20 to 40 sheets of vinyl.
Think about the size of the image you want to transfer onto your t-shirts. Measure the dimensions of your design and read the specs on the vinyl packaging. Don’t waste your money buying sheets that are too small to fit your designs.
Chances are, the t-shirts you design are going to get dirty and will need to be washed a lot. Keep an eye out for vinyl companies that boast and take pride in their product’s performance when it comes to washing machines. Cheaper products will fade and crack after only a few wash cycles. This can be avoided by finding a brand you trust.
There are tons to choose from and this is completely up to you. Consider the color of the shirts you want to press, what colors would match? Do you need a whole spectrum of colors, or just a few?
Strong adhesive properties should be your top priority when selecting heat transferable vinyl. If you want your design to stay put, on your t-shirt, you’ll need to get a product that takes its adhesiveness seriously. Look for products that pride themselves in this quality; read customer reviews before making your final decision.