Cricut’s original Easy Press is famed for being a mid-sized heat press that is smaller than a professional heat press but has way more capabilities and provide much better – and faster – results than an iron, yet it isn’t much bigger. Their EasyPress 2 is similar to the original EasyPress, but it offers even more capabilities and improved results.
Cricut EasyPress 2 Features
The Cricut EasyPress 2 is available in three sizes, with the 12 inch by 10 inch (the one we’re reviewing here) being the largest model. Because it’s the largest of the three options, you can do more with it, yet it’s still compact in size and light weight enough that it’s easy to transport, store, and use virtually anywhere. Some of the key features of the Cricut EasyPress 2 include:
- 12 inches by 10 inches in size, which makes it suitable for transferring high-quality images to larger items, such as T-shirts, sweatshirts, and even blankets.
- Cutting-edge heat plate with a ceramic-coated surface
- Offers easy to adjust push button temperature control, which can be reach a maximum of 400 degrees F
- Easy to adjust push button timer control, which can be set for up to 60 seconds
- Dual digital LCD temperature and time display
- Audible beep sounds when the machine has reached the precise temperature
- Audible beep sounds when the heat transfer process is completed
- Insulated resting base
- Auto-shut off feature
- Weighs just slightly over 8 pounds
- Auto recall of previously used time and temperature settings
- Thicker heat plate than the original Cricut Easy Press
The Cricut EasyPress 2 offers several benefits, the most notable being that it’s much smaller than a professional level heat press, yet it offers long-lasting results that are on-par with larger, bulkier, and more expensive models. Because of the small size and light weight of this machine, it’s easy to transport and store; plus, it can be used virtually anywhere. In addition to the convenience of the compact design, other notable benefits of the Cricuit EasyPress 2 include the following:
- It heats up in less than three minutes, which is a lot faster than professional heat press machines and even some standard irons.
- The max temperature setting is 400 degrees F, which is on-par with professional great heat presses, and a lot hotter than a standard iron, so it delivers durable, longer lasting results.
- It transfers images to your garments in less than 60 seconds.
- The time and temperature are easy to adjust, thanks to the push button interface.
- Dual time and temperature LCD digital displays allow you to easily see the settings, which further improves the precision of the machine.
- Audible sound beeps when the heat press has reached the desired temperature and beeps again when the heat press cycle is complete.
- Auto shut off reduces the risk of leaving the machine turned on.
- Insulated resting base prevents the unit from tipping and protects the surface it’s sitting on from being scorched.
- Non-stick heat plate ensures materials aren’t damaged during the heat press process.
- Completes the transfer process in 60 seconds or less.
- Can be used transfer images, vinyl, and even rhinestones to a variety of materials, including T-shirts, sweatshirts, tote bags, blankets, pillowcases, and so much more.
- Extremely lightweight for easy portability.
- Small footprint, so it can be used virtually anywhere you have access to a power outlet.
- Very easy to use, whether you’re just learning how to use a heat press or you’ve been using one for ages.
- Auto recall of last time and temperature setting, which is ideal if you’re using the same settings to create multiple projects.
While the Cricut EasyPress 2 certainly offers a variety of benefits, there are some downsides to this machine. While we don’t think that the cons are going to have a major impact on your projects, they are worth pointing out so that you can determine whether or not this is the right product for you.
- While it can reach 400 degrees, which is on-par with some professional heat presses, it isn’t suitable for projects that require higher temperature settings.
- Some might think that the price is a bit steep for the size of the unit; however, considering the capabilities and the convenience, we think it’s a good investment.
If you’re a home crafter, the Cricut 2 EasyPress is a great option to consider. Compact, lightweight, and efficient, you’ll be able to create a wide range of high-quality heat pressed items with this handy machine.Check Price on Amazon