If you’re shopping for a fast, affordable, and easy to use cutting machine, the Cricut Explore Air 2 should definitely be high on your list of contenders. This machine is compact in size and can be used to cut detailed images in vinyl, leather, heat transfer paper, and cardstock with ease.
Cricut Explore Air 2 Features
Cricut is one of the most trusted names in the cutting machine industry, and for good reason; all of their products are easy to use, offer fast results, and are affordably priced. The Cricut Explore Air 2 is the upgraded version of the original Explore Air, offering even more features than before to speed up productivity and assure even better results.
This cutter machine is outfitted with an array of robust features, some of the most notable of which include the following:
- 2 cutting modes: a normal use mode and a fast use mode; obviously, fast mode cuts out images two times faster than the normal use mode.
- Loaded with a library of more than 3,000 images to choose from; however, it can be used to cut your own uploaded images, too.
- Complimentary access to Design Space, Cricut’s easy to use design software, which can be used on any devices, including personal computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
- Smart Set Dial cuts the proper depth and pressure for the specific type of material you’re working with.
- Bluetooth compatibility, which allows for easy wireless cutting.
- An premium-quality German carbide cutting blade.
- Cricut Pens, which can be used to create cards that have an authentic handwritten look; there are more than 370 fonts to choose from.
- A Scoring Stylus, which folds precise lines for cards, boxes, envelopes, 3D paper crafts, pinwheels, and much more.
- A cutting width of 11.5 inches by 23.5 inches, depending on the project you’re working on and the browser you’re using.
- A StandardGrip cutting mat
Like all Cricut devices, the Explore Air 2 offers a variety of benefits; however, thanks to the upgraded features, the advantages that this machine offers are more advanced than the benefits of the previous models. Some of the most impressive benefits that you’ll be able to take advantage when you use this vinyl cutter machine include the following:
- Two cutting speeds; a normal use mode and the fast mode. You can easily switch between the two modes with the push of a button, and the fast mode cuts up to two times faster than the normal use mode, making it ideal for high-volume projects.
- Loaded with an extensive library of features. There are more than 3,000 images to choose from; or, you can load your own images and the machine will cut them.
- Bluetooth compatible; connect to your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or PC to load and print images out no matter where you are.
- The Cricut Pens can be used to crafts that have a handwritten look to them. There are more than 370 fonts to choose from, or you can load your favorite font from your computer for free.
- The Scoring Stylus creates precise fold lines for various projects, including envelopes, paper crafts, pinwheels, boxes, and much more.
- Can cut more than 100 materials, including basic and specialty vinyl colors, heat-transfer vinyl, cardstock, adhesive foils, poster board, card stock, faux leather, velum, and so much more.
- The German carbide blade is extremely sharp, exceptionally durable, and delivers precision cuts every single time.
- It’s incredibly easy to use; just follow the easy to read instruction manual and you’re ready to start crafting.
- It’s very economically priced, especially considering all of the features and capabilities that it offers.
While the Cricut Explore Air 2 does offer a variety of benefits, there are a few downsides that should be noted. It’s important to understand these cons so you can determine if it’s the right cutter for your needs.
- The cutting width is pretty small; however, it’s only intended for smaller projects, not for large designs.
- It’s only compatible with Cricut’s Design Space software; but, this software offers a vast selection of options, so you really don’t need anything else.
Overall, we were quite impressed with the Cricuit Explore Air 2. We love the space-saving design, the incredible functionality, the ease of use, and the professional-grade, super fast results that it delivers. We were also pleased with the price-point; for all that it can do, we feel that it is a very affordable machine.Amazon