Cricut is one of the most beloved manufacturers in the crafting world. They are hailed for the high-quality, easy to use products that they offer; all of which offer professional-grade results. The Maker, one of the latest products in the Cricuit lineup, has already received outstanding reviews. If you’re looking for a new cutting machine, we think that this is definitely one that you should be considering.
Cricut Maker Features
The Cricut Maker has been said by many a crafter to be the “ultimate” cutting machine. This device has the ability to do everything that Cricut’s Explore Air 2 (another one of their beloved products) can do, and so much more. It’s outfitted with some pretty robust features, some of the most notable of which include:
- A rotary blade, which is exceptionally durable and can cut through almost any type of fabric you can think of, and thanks to the gliding and rolling action of the blade, it cuts through fabric with total ease and produces outstanding results.
- A knife blade, which can cut through the heaviest, thickest materials; up to 2.4 mm thick, which is really quite impressive.
- 4 kg of pressure, which is 10 times more powerful than the Cricut Explore Air 2, so you can be sure that it delivers extreme precision.
- An adaptive tool system, which can be expanded to feature pens and scoring tools, so you can use the machine to do virtually anything you can think of.
- An advanced built-in sewing library, which gives you access to hundreds of digital sewing patterns, and then cuts and marks the pieces
- Easy to use design app; create your project on your smartphone, tablet, or computer and then load it to the machine for instant cutting.
- A handy docking station holds your smartphone or tablet while you’re working, and even charges it.
With so many revolutionary features, it’s safe to say that the Cricut Maker offers a variety of benefits. In addition to being highly intuitive and easy to use, some of the most notable advantages of this cutting machine include the following:
- In addition to having access to a library that consists of hundreds of sewing patterns, this machine also cuts and marks all the pieces for you so that you all you need to do is sew them together.
- The rotary blade is the most advanced blade that Cricut has offered to-date. It can cut through virtually any type of fabric, no matter the finish, including silk, satin, cotton, linen, chiffon, and jacquard, with complete ease.
- The knife blade can also cut through a wide array of materials that are up to 2.4mm thick, which opens up a world of possibilities with your cutting machine
- The impressive 4kg of pressure, which is 10 times the power of the Cricut Explore Air 2, so you can be sure that your designs will be cut out with extreme precision so you will always get professional results.
- Thanks to wireless connectivity, you can design your projects on your PC, laptop, tablet, or smartphone and load them right to the machine using the Cricut software, and the machine will create whatever you’ve made.
- The adaptive tool system means that you can expand the functionality of the machine, making it even more versatile than it already is to begin with.
- Outstanding cutting abilities; you will be hard-pressed to find another machine that offers such outstanding cutting results.
- It’s affordably priced; considering the wide selection of features and all of the things that you can do with this machine, it really is quite budget-friendly.
We were really hard-pressed to find anything negative to say about the Cricut Maker. Not only did we have a great experience with it, but we also found that most of the people who used it did, as well. If there’s one downside, we would have to say that it would be that the software could be a little bit better; however, we really don’t think that it will have a major impact on the overall functionality of the machine, the ease of use, and the outcome of your projects.
If you’re a true crafter who loves to sew, make cards, create magnets, or cut virtually anything else out of any other type of material, than the Cricut Maker should most certainly be an option that you should consider. We were blown away by all of the incredible features and the impressive results that this device offers.Amazon