Cricut mats are used in the vinyl cutters, and they are the ones on which the vinyl design is cut. Therefore, it is also known as the cutting mat. With the passage of time and excess usage, the Cricut mat gets dirty, dull, and loses its stickiness. Stickiness is very important for the Cricut mat otherwise; it will not work properly. Properly cleaned Cricut mats will help you to design and cut your crafts properly as if it loses the stickiness, then the crafts will not be able to stick on the Cricut mats properly.
If your Cricut mats lose their stickiness and get dirty, don’t throw them away as you can clean them easily. If you don’t know how to clean the Cricut mat, don’t worry; in this article, we have briefly explained how you can clean the Cricut mats easily to use them again. Hopefully, you will find this article helpful, and, in the end, you will be able to clean your Cricut mat, and you will save a few dollars as well.
Cleaning Of Cricut Mats
Cricut mats come in many different varieties, but it doesn’t mean that the cleaning of Cricut mats is different. The cleaning process of all the Cricut mats is the same. So, gather all the things that you can have for the cleaning purpose to start the cleaning of Cricut mats. If you notice that the Cricut mat has lost all the stickiness and gets dirty day by day, take it out for cleaning. You don’t need any extra things for cleaning. Just use the simple cleaning formulas available at your home.
The first step to start the cleaning of Cricut mats is light cleaning. Take a plastic scrapper. Usually, it comes with a cutting machine whenever you buy it. If it is not available in the box, then you can use any other scrapper. Gently rub the scrapper on the Cricut mat before moving to the second cleaning step.
Take some baby wipes or lint rollers to prove themselves as the best cleaning materials for cleaning a Cricut mat. But always keep in mind that you cannot use all the baby wipes to clean the Cricut mats. Only use those baby wipes that contain bleach and alcoholic content as some other wipes can affect the stickiness of the mats. Gently rub the wipes on the surface of the Cricut mat and keep on rubbing for some time to be cleaned properly. On the other hand, you can use the lint rollers and remove any dirt and stubborn matter from the surface of the Cricut mat.
The third step for the cleaning of the Cricut mat is soap and water cleaning. In this case, you will have to wash the Cricut mat in soapy water to clean it properly. So, first of all, soak the Cricut mat in water for five to ten minutes before applying soap. After a while, add some soap to the water and gently rinse the Cricut mat. Finally, use a magic eraser to remove the dirt from the Cricut mat.
After you are done with the cleaning process, air dry the Cricut mat. Once it has dried completely, you can use it again now.
- Best Die Cutting Machines
- Best Vinyl Cutters
- Best Heat Press Machines
- Best Screen Printing Machines
- Best Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Best Heat Transfer Paper
- Best Vinyl Cutters for Beginners
- Best Cheap Vinyl Cutters
- Best Desktop Vinyl Cutters
- Best Vinyl Cutter for Macs
- Best Vinyl Cutter for Shirts
- Best Vinyl Cutter for Small Business
- Best Vinyl Cutter Software
- Best Vinyl Cutter Under $500
- Best Vinyl Cutter Under $300
- Best Die Cutting Machine for Vinyl
- How to Make Money with a Cricut Explore 3
- How to Make Money with a Cricut Mug Press
- How to Make Money with a Silhouette Cameo 4
- How to Make Money with a Silhouette Portrait 3
- How to Make Money with a Cricut Maker 3
- Best Cricut Machine for Beginners
- How to Use a Cricut Explore Air 2
- How to Save a Silhouette File as a JPEG
- Cricut SportFLEX Iron On Vinyl Review
- How to Make a Glitter Tumbler
- Cricut Stencil Vinyl Review
- Brother ScanNCut SDX85 Review
- Brother ScanNCut SDX125 Review
- Slendor Heat Press Review
- Starting a T-Shirt Business with a Heat Press as a Stay-at-Home Mom
- What Angle Blade for Vinyl Cutter should you use?