Silhouette is one of the best-known brands in the vinyl and die cutter machine world. Their products are durable and easy to use; they’re quite versatile, too. If you’re a crafter who enjoys making unique items for personal use or if you’re a professional who is looking to add another small machine to your supplies, the Silhouette America Portrait 2 is definitely an option worth considering.
Silhouette America Portrait 2 Features
The Silhouette America Portrait 2 is an upgraded version of the Portrait 1. It’s just as compact and lightweight as its predecessor, but it’s been outfitted with more robust features, which makes it even more versatile and easier to use. Essentially, it does everything that the Silhouette Cameo 3 can do, but it’s more compact and easier to transport.
Some of the most notable features that the Silhouette America Portrait 2 offers include the following:
- Bluetooth compatibility, so you can make designs on your PC, laptop, tablet, or smartphone and send them directly to the cutting machine with the push of a button.
- An Autoblade, which is highly intuitive and has the ability to achieve the proper settings, no matter what type of material you’re cutting into.
- PixScan compatibility, which can be used to cut out hand-drawn images.
- Offers up to 2mm of clearance, so it can easily accommodate thicker materials.
- Can be used with a variety of materials.
- A cutting capacity of 8 inches wide and 10 feet long
- 210 grams of cutting force
- Compatible with other Silhouette blades, including the Deep Cut, Standard, and Fabric blades
- Comes complete with Silhouette’s Studio Designer software, which gives you access to a variety of fonts, images, and designs for one month (have to pay to continue accessing the software thereafter)
For such a tiny machine, the Silhouette America Portrait 2 certainly is mighty. Thanks to the advanced features, you can be sure that you will be able to get a tremendous amount of use out of this machine, and make professional-quality cuts with total ease.
Some of the most notable benefits of the Silhouette America Portrait 3 include the following:
- Compact design; measuring just 12 inches by 4 inches by 5 inches and weighing in at less than 7 pounds, you can easily pick this machine up and take it with you wherever you go. Plus, you don’t need to have a ton of space to use it; you can set it up virtually anywhere.
- It’s Bluetooth compatible, which means that you can create designs on any device and send them directly to the machine and it will cut them out.
- The Auto Blade takes the guesswork and hassle out of cutting; it will automatically adjust the depth based on the material you are cutting.
- Compatible with all Silhouette blades, including the Thick Cut, Standard, and Fabric blades.
- It has a 2 mm clearance, so you can cut thicker materials with ease (remember to switch to the Silhouette Deep Cut blade for thick materials); it can cut standard and heat transfer vinyl, standard and heat transfer paper, cardstock, fabric, magnetic paper, and various other materials with no problem.
- PixScan compatible, so you can use it to turn hand-sketched images into virtually anything you can think of.
- Comes complete with an 8 inch cutting mat
- Offers a one month free subscription to the Silhouette design software store, which gives you access to a variety of images, fonts, and more.
- It doesn’t have to be connected to the Internet in order to access the Silhouette design software store.
- Very affordably priced
Though there are numerous benefits associated with the Silhouette America Portrait 2, there are a few downsides that you should be aware of. Some customers noted the following cons with their machine:
- A few users said that the product was defective when they received it; however, a call to the supplier rectified the matter.
- Others said that they wish that it had a wider cutting clearance; but, it is advertised as a compact machine, a narrow cutting clearance is to be expected.
If you’re on the market for a compact, lightweight, portable vinyl cutting machine that offers a wealth of features, is easy to use, and makes incredible cuts, than the Silhouette America Portrait 2 is definitely an option that we think you should consider.Amazon