Whether you’re an avid crafter or you’re a professional who produces custom-made crafts for your client, there’s no doubt that you’re familiar with the Silhouette line of products; especially their Cameo line. Hailed as some of the best products in the industry, Silhouette Cameo is revered among crafters and professionals alike. Their Cameo 3 is their latest innovation, and it offers even more features and capabilities than the predecessors.
Silhouette Cameo 3 Features
The Silhouette Cameo 3 is a bundle package that comes with everything you could possibly need to cut out professional-grade designs from a vast array of materials. What’s more, it’s the easiest of all the products that the manufacturer offers, making it a truly revolutionary cutting machine.
Key features of the Silhouette Cameo 3 include the following:
- Dual-carriage functionality, which gives you the flexibility to cut multiple materials at the same time.
- Two modes: Standard Mode, which is intended for more basic projects, and the Advanced Mode, which is intended for more intricate projects.
- Print and cut feature, which allows you to capture and send videos via the Studio software with ease.
- PixScan Technology
- Bluetooth compatibility
- Intuitive touchscreen technology
- 24 sheets of Permanent Oracal 651, 12 inch by 12 inch vinyl
- 1 roll of premium transfer paper
- 24 Silhouette Sketch pens
- AutoBlade, the first-ever automatically adjusting blade by Silhouette
- 1 12 inch by 12 inch cutting mat
- A vinyl trimmer
- A ratchet adjustment tool
- 1 scraper
- 1 hook
- 1 spatula
- 100 exclusive Silhouette designs
- 250 gram cutting power
- Adjustable spring rollers
- Adjustable pinch rollers
- Compatible with all Cameo tools
- 1 USB cord
- Power cables
- Lifetime product support
- Backed by a manufacturer’s warranty
With so many robust features, it’s safe to say that the Silhouette Cameo 3 offers several benefits for both crafters and professionals alike. Some of the most notable benefits of this cutting machine include the following:
- Comes with a variety of blades that can be used to make a wide-range of cutting depths, including standard blade, and auto blade, and a deep cut blade. Use the standard (also known as the “ratchet” blade) for splicing, the deep cut blade for projects that require deeper cuts, and the auto blade for total ease of use.
- A print and cut feature that can be used to capture and send videos to the machine via the Studio software.
- Stippling capabilities, which can be used to apply multi-colored ink to your projects.
- A dual carriage function that provides two tool options, so you can cut designs into various materials with total ease
- Can be used with all Cameo accessories and software, so if you’ve already invested in one of the Cameo products, you can use them with this machine, too.
- Complimentary one month access to the Silhouette Design Store
- Low profile, compact design for easy transport and use virtually anywhere
- Makes precise, professional grade cuts with ease.
- Offers convenient on-board tool storage.
- Cuts through a variety of materials, including heat transfer paper and vinyl, standard vinyl, cardstock, velum, and much more.
- Access to helpful customer support whenever you need it.
- Bluetooth compatibility, so you can make your designs on any device and instantly send them to the unit and it will cut them out for you.
- Comes with all of the necessary supplies to get you started, and then some!
- Intuitive touchscreen technology is incredibly easy to use.
Though there certainly are ample benefits associated with the Silhouette Cameo 3, there are a few downsides that we feel are worth mentioning. In order to determine if this machine is the right option for your needs, it’s important to understand these cons before you commit to buying.
- It may not be as versatile as other similar vinyl cutting machines
- While it can cut through a variety of materials with ease, it’s not capable of cutting through denser materials, such as leather.
Despite these downsides, we definitely think that this machine is well-suited for crafters and professionals who don’t want premium-quality results and aren’t looking to spend a fortune.
Overall, we are very impressed with the Silhouette Cameo 3. We think that the robust features, the compact size, the ease of use, and the affordable price tag make this reliable, premium-grade vinyl cutter.Amazon